International career in journalism and communications with long-term postings in Britain, Indonesia and Mexico. Find me on LinkedIn or ask me for details.
News and Communications:
Journalist, writer, editor with experience in communications working with non-profits, development, arts, educational, science and news organizations.
- World Bank (current)
- Center for International Forestry Research and World Agroforestry (Indonesia, Toronto)
- International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (Mexico, Toronto)
- Reuters (Toronto, London) and the Thomson Reuters Foundation (London)
- Art Museum (formerly J.M. Barnicke Gallery) in Hart House, University of Toronto
- Maclean’s, MoneySense, Canadian Business, Chatelaine magazines + more (Toronto)
- Edmonton Journal (Edmonton)
Art and craft:
Artist, craftsperson and cartoonist with experience working as a prop builder and jeweller in theatre, as a knitting and crochet instructor, and a contributor to arts and literary publications.
- Stratford Festival, National Ballet of Canada, U of T Drama Center + more (Ontario)
- Michaels Stores
- Playback, Storefront Paper, Proptology: Journal for Props Professionals, Small Spiral Notebook, Lola
Past and/or present
- The Shoe Project, Canadian Journalists for Free Expression, Canadian Science Writers & Communicators, Daily Bread Food Bank, Doors Open Toronto, Innis College at U of T, election campaigns (municipal, provincial and federal)
I took the landscape photo above from the Cob in Lyme Regis, England.